Tile is a very low maintenance flooring option. As a hard surface, tile is very easy to clean and keep lasting for many years. Tile design and color options can be chosen so that the tile never goes out of style.
Below are some valuable tips to maintain the performance of your tile and keep them looking beautiful!
1. Sweep or vacuum regularly- Dirt can adhere to the surface of tile. Sweeping regularly is a must to sweep up loose, moist dirt. You can also vacuum your tile; just make sure you use a vacuum without the beater bar to avoid dulling and scratching the tiles.
2. Use floor mats to minimize dirt- floor mats will minimize the amount of dirt that is tracked through your entryways and onto your tile.
3. Mop ceramic tile regularly- ceramic tile floors should be damp-mopped regularly using the manufacturer recommended grout and tile cleaner. Textured tiles may require more scrubbing and can be cleaned with a mild detergent and warm water. If needed, wipe dry with a clean towel to remove film.
4. Avoid using steel wool, bleach, ammonia products, and oil based cleaners.
5. Clean spills as soon as possible to avoid staining