At StarFloors we are commited to helping you live better from the ground up! We want you to enjoy the summer months without having to pay higher prices to stay cool. Beat the summer heat and stay cool and comfortable with these energy savers.
- Turn off your lights! Open your windows during the day to allow the sun to illuminate your home. Only use lights you need. The overhead light doesn’t have to fill up an entire room if you are just sitting in the corner reading. Get some lamps so you can choose which parts of the room should be lit.
- Buy an air conditioner with a high energy efficiency rating (EER). It’s printed on the EnergyGuide label attached to the unit. A unit with an EER of 10 will cost half as much to because they can block airflow operate as one with an EER of 5
- Operate your stove, oven, dishwasher and clothes dryer in the morning or evening when it’s cooler outside. They add extra heat to your home and make your air conditioner work harder.
- Install your air conditioner in the shade. When it is in direct sunlight you air conditioner works harder.
- Wash and rinse your clothes in cold water instead of hot to save on water heating costs. Use a cold-water detergent
- A ceiling fan cools fast and costs less than air conditioning
- Choose light bulbs carefully. Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) use 75 percent less energy than standard incandescent bulbs and last 10 times longer. For example, a 20-watt fluorescent bulb is equal to a 60-watt incandescent bulb. They can also be used as porch lights
- On sunny days, hang your clothes outdoors to dry instead of throwing them in the dryer.
- Electronics guzzle lots of power even when they’re turned off. Stop wasting electricity: Plug them into a power strip, then turn off the strip.
- Keep your house cool on hot summer days with hard surface flooring like hardwood, laminate, vinyl or tile. However, hardwood retains more warmth than the latter options.
You are sure to see more money in your wallet while staying cool and comfortable by following these ten ways to save on electricity. How do you conserve electricity?